Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by amir bahmanyari <am...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/04/04 00:11:44 UTC

Flink limitations under Beam

Hi colleagues, been a long time. New project.What feature(s)/capabilities of Flink would become unavailable/limited if the pipeline app is written in Beam sdk using FlinkRunner?
Thanks+regards

Re: Flink limitations under Beam

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I don’t have any hard numbers for this, and it depends on what kind of state backend is used (Heap backend or RocksDB backend).

Iterations are documented in the Flink doc: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/datastream_api.html#iterations <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/datastream_api.html#iterations> Essentially what they allow is to have a processing graph that is not a DAG. This can be useful in machine learning use cases where you want to feed back some information to an earlier operation to update a model.

Best,
Aljoscha

Posted by amir bahmanyari <am...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.