Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by LuisLo <he...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/20 12:44:33 UTC

Update bundles automatically (karaf 4.2.7)

Hi.

We want to provide our system with an automatic update method for bundles to
prevent the user from having to do it manually. We have thought of the
following:
Suppose we want to update theBundle from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1.

1.- We copy theBundle 3.1.1 in $KARAF_HOME/system/uri/theBundle/3.1.1
2.- We modify the file $KARAF_HOME/etc/overrides.properties:
mvn:uri/theBundle;range=[3.1.0, 3.2)
3.- We restart karaf

The problem is that if we do

list | grep theBundle

3.1.1 not appears

Did we miss something?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Update bundles automatically (karaf 4.2.7)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

OK understood.

In the feature, you can use either dependency flag or version range.

Then, it should be updated (at installation time if your feature is a
boot feature or using feature:update).

Regards
JB

On 20/12/2019 13:58, LuisLo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Yes, the bundle is referenced in a feature.
>
> We want to do something automated. Send an email with a tar that the client
> puts in a folder (in the style of the deploy folder) and an automated
> process does all the work.
>
> I do not understand:
>
> "Why not doing this at runtime?"
>
> Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Update bundles automatically (karaf 4.2.7)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

On 20/12/2019 13:44, LuisLo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We want to provide our system with an automatic update method for bundles to
> prevent the user from having to do it manually. We have thought of the
> following:
> Suppose we want to update theBundle from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1.
>
> 1.- We copy theBundle 3.1.1 in $KARAF_HOME/system/uri/theBundle/3.1.1
> 2.- We modify the file $KARAF_HOME/etc/overrides.properties:
> mvn:uri/theBundle;range=[3.1.0, 3.2)
> 3.- We restart karaf
>
> The problem is that if we do
>
> list | grep theBundle