Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Alex Colic <ac...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/01 03:17:02 UTC

Proper use of Nested Diagnostic Contexts?

Hi,

I am having a problem understanding what Nested Diagnostic Contexts are. I have a core servlet
that receives requests from clients and then passes it off to other servlets to handle. I have
managed to get the logging to work without Nested Diagnostic Contexts but reading the manual it
looks like NDC would allow me to differentiate between clients accessing the servlets.

How is the configuration properties file different between a standard configuration file and a
NDC?
Is there any examples on how a servlet would use NDC to log?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Alex

http://photos.yahoo.com/