Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Arijit Mukherjee <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/07 13:57:25 UTC

TimeUUID question

Hi

I'm using the piece of code given in the FAQ
(http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#working_with_timeuuid_in_java)
to convert a Date to UUID, and then trying to convert it back (using
the example code given in Hector TimeUUIDUtils - convert the UUID to
long (getTimeFromUUID) and then convert it to Date again). But the
final Date is not equal to the original Date which I converted into a
UUID. Is this something to do with the piece of code in the FAQ?

Arijit

--
"And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,

Re: TimeUUID question

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
The thread here may help:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg08393.html

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Arijit Mukherjee <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using the piece of code given in the FAQ
> (http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#working_with_timeuuid_in_java)
> to convert a Date to UUID, and then trying to convert it back (using
> the example code given in Hector TimeUUIDUtils - convert the UUID to
> long (getTimeFromUUID) and then convert it to Date again). But the
> final Date is not equal to the original Date which I converted into a
> UUID. Is this something to do with the piece of code in the FAQ?
>
> Arijit
>

> --
> "And when the night is cloudy,
> There is still a light that shines on me,
> Shine on until tomorrow, let it be."

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/