Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Ellis Teer <e_...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/14 05:36:04 UTC

mod_jk.so vs mod_jk.dll for Win32 and Apache 1.3.19

I currently use Apache1.3.14 + Tomcat 3.2.1 + mod_jk.dll on Win32.

I recently tried to upgrade to Apache 1.3.19.  When I try the LoadModule
command in the server configuration file on mod_jk using the mod_jk.dll file
the server would not start.  If I comment out that one LoadModule command the
server starts.

I noticed in the Win32 version ALL the modules now have .so endings.  Is this a
change in the Win32 version.  Do I need a mod_jk.so or different mod_jk.dll
file for Win32?

-Ellis Teer

Re: mod_jk.so vs mod_jk.dll for Win32 and Apache 1.3.19

Posted by e_teer <e_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jon,

I monitor this list.  Even the entire CVS binaries conversation =).
I also heard that recording before when others have incorrectly
posted here.  Then I do a fool thing like posting to the wrong one.
Since I screwed up and posted here I thought I would add something.

As an end user, if had to choose, I would much prefer to get each
needed .jar and put together an application rather than each
application bringing along its own .jars and its dependencies when I
already have them.

-Ellis Teer

-- e_teer, e_teer@yahoo.com on 04/14/2001

Re: mod_jk.so vs mod_jk.dll for Win32 and Apache 1.3.19

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.