Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/05 22:33:54 UTC

maturity guidelines (was Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation)

I don't think anybody is pining to make compliance with Bertrand's very nice
document into a policy document.  Rather, some people are finding it a
useful
guide to gauging project maturity, which is great and should be encouraged.

Re: maturity guidelines (was Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation)

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...that brought us to our current, much less forceful, treatment
> of the maturity model. Which is what I (and a few others including
> it seems yourself) have been advocating on *this* thread.

I took the tenor of the conversation as heading in a direction where
mentors would be expected to fill it out or the IPMC would stop any
graduation conversations.

If a podling chooses to voluntarily fill it out, great.  But, don't
put the burden on mentors to fill out some crazy paperwork.  -- justin

Re: maturity guidelines (was Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IIRC you Roman were on the list of "undersigned" ;-).

Yup. And that's why I felt like clarifying.

> It got shot down for many, many reasons.

Well, that depends on what 'it' is. But that's a different conversation ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: maturity guidelines (was Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation)

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think anybody is pining to make compliance with Bertrand's very nice
> document into a policy document....

As a sidenote the maturity model is not "my" document. I did initiate
that effort but it's been greatly enhanced by contributions from
various people on the comdev list. There's a link to those discussions
at the top of https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html
if you're curious.

-Bertrand