Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2010/03/18 20:43:39 UTC

building JCC with MinGW, the command line

One other gotcha I should note.  We knew this before, but it's good
to have it recorded somewhere.  When building with mingw32, you need to
specify the compiler:

  $ python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32

But then when you go to make a binary:

  $ python setup.py bdist --formats=wininst

you will again trip over the fact that the compiler needs to be
specified, and "bdist" doesn't allow that.

The trick is to do both at once:

  $ python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 bdist --formats=wininst

which should do the right thing.

Bill