Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/16 14:33:13 UTC

Should LookupRecord stop when it sees null values?

Spent a good chunk of my morning looking at LookupRecord and noticed that
it stops evaluating if a field value is null when it evaluates one of the
configured dynamic properties. Is there a good reason it is doing that? I
would think that passing null values into the lookup map would be something
that users would expect to be able to do.

As a work around, I changed the schema to have "default": "" to get it
around that, but seems hacky to me. If no one can think of a good reason
why nulls should be skipped, I'll write up a Jira ticket for 1.9.

Thanks,

Mike