Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2002/12/20 15:36:58 UTC

Possible bug with passing params into maven?

Hi all,

I am attempting to add a new feature to the Maven Cactus plugin.  It seems
however that passing in parameters via -Dmyparameter only works if there are
no "."'s in the parameter name.

I can pass in -Dmyparameter=bob successfully, but if I pass in
-Dmy.property=bob, then the variable my.property is empty.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or am I doing something wrong?  What
would be the recommended way to pass paramerters into a maven plugin?

Eric