Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Bryan Noll <bw...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/20 23:12:59 UTC

enhancement of persistent classes

Hello all... was on vacation for a bit... then the day job got in the way.

Quick question for the folks more in the know than me.  Reading this
(http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/site/openjpa-project/manual/ref_guide_pc_enhance.html#ref_guide_pc_enhance_runtime_container),
it seems like classes must be enhanced (either at build time or runtime)
unless being deployed to a compliant EJB3 container, in which case
that's part of the container's job.

I just wanted to verify that I understand this correctly, and there's
not some way to avoid having to enhance these things that I don't know
about.  I ask because you don't have to perform any kind of enhancement
step in your build process when using Hibernate.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing something here, so if I said
something stupid, please be gentle.

Thanks...

Bryan

Re: enhancement of persistent classes

Posted by Bryan Noll <bw...@gmail.com>.
So... trying to wrap my head around this topic a bit more.

Can one of you fellas clarify for me whether or not an eclipse plugin
exists out there that enhances classes for you?  Looking around the web
a bit produced the following, which sort of leaves it hanging.

http://forums.bea.com/bea/message.jspa?messageID=500039147&tstart=0
http://forums.bea.com/bea/message.jspa?messageID=600037521&tstart=0

Thanks in advance... Bryan

Posted by Bryan Noll <bw...@gmail.com>.