Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vikas Malhotra <si...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 06:14:49 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 4.3 HTTP Server Configuration

Hi
  I received 2 DVDs with PHP codes: 652469 & 652423 12 days back.Apparently
over here people don't seems to help us with the configuration.Kindly guide
us as to what shld i do next...

Vikas Malhotra
+91 9198915868
Sidh Infotech
Lucknow
India

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 4.3 HTTP Server Configuration

Posted by Nicholas Sherlock <n....@gmail.com>.
On 1/04/2010 5:45 p.m., Vikas Malhotra wrote:
> Dear Nick,
>                   It was provided by Rahul Metha & Sapna Kanwar.Now they
> are not answer emails & phone.They project themselves as reprentatives
> of Apache Indonesia Project.Is it a scam ?

Almost certainly, it is a scam:

http://www.apache-project.org/

Titled "Apache Indonesia Project", it includes this nice article on
their main page:

"The rule is very simple: if a website is not hosted on an apache.org
domain, it's not a website of the ASF (with a few exceptions, see below).

In other words, if the site's address doesn't end with .apache.org, it's
not ours. Note the dot before apache.org: fooapache.org or apachefoo.org
wouldn't belong to us, whereas foo.apache.org does.

The only exceptions to that rule are apachecon.com, which is jointly
managed between
the ASF and companies producing our conferences, and spamassassin.org
and myfaces.org, for historical reasons."

Looks like they ripped the whole thing from Apache's site. They even
reference this address:

http://apache-project.webs.com/center.jpg

I'm pretty sure Apache doesn't host anything on the free hosting
provider Webs.com

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 4.3 HTTP Server Configuration

Posted by Vikas Malhotra <si...@gmail.com>.
Dear Nick,

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2010, at 05:14, Vikas Malhotra wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >   I received 2 DVDs with PHP codes: 652469 & 652423 12 days
> back.Apparently over here people don't seems to help us with the
> configuration.Kindly guide us as to what shld i do next...
>
> Ask whoever supplied your DVDs.  They're nothing to do with us.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Vikas Malhotra
Sidh Infotech