Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geoff Peters <Ge...@logic.bm> on 2002/06/04 13:18:40 UTC

Bypassing user role assignment???

Does anyone know if it is possible to bypass the requirement to have user roles defined within a table in the JDBC Realm? Reason being is that I have an app where all users need to be "standard", and I have scripts and other apps creating the users, therefore bypassing the user role definition would save me from having to edit these other scripts and processes (which are not Java based......)
Currently when a new user is created I manually add them to the user role table as defined in my <realm> tags in my server.xml file, but as mentioned above I want to get away from this altogether - any thoughts?

Thanks Geoff

Geoff Peters, BScFE, AIT      Phone  : (441) 296-9640
Applications Developer        Fax    : (441) 292-1509
Logic Communications          E-mail : geoff@logic.bm
12 Par-La-Ville Road          WWW    : http://www.logic.bm
Hamilton, Bermuda  HM JX