Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/03/16 07:38:48 UTC

[all] rc profile and commons.rc.version property

Hi all,

I've started to update the releasing page in the staging area - not
much, yet, will take time - and stumbld over the commons.rc.version
property.

I've set it by adhering to our guidelines but never asked myself why I
was doing so.  Now that I try to update the docs I'm trying to
understand things :-)

AFAICT the property is only ever used in the rc profile - which in turn
seems to be obsolete now that we are using Nexus - at least I have never
enabled the profile when I cut a release over the past year or two.  Am
I wrong?

Stefan