Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ji...@orcz.cz on 2002/10/25 09:00:31 UTC

"if property 'hyphenate' is used, a language must be specified"

FOP (0.20.3) gives me this message(s)

[ERROR]: if property 'hyphenate' is used, a language must be specified

but result (PDF ,AWT) seems to be ok .

I have this line before every table in *.fo file :

<fo:block space-before.optimum="0.5cm"  font-size="10pt" font-family
="Arial" hyphenate="true">

Must this be "error" ? Wouldn't it be "warning" better, if the result is ok
?

What I must change or add to eliminate this ? Thanks.

                                   J.N.

Re: "if property 'hyphenate' is used, a language must be specified"

Posted by Rodolphe VAGNER <ro...@eurodoc-sofilog.com>.
if you use english language add

language="en"

There must be an equivalent for french, spanish, turkish...languages.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
xavier gibouin wrote:
> Hi
>
> it is a xsl question
>
> i would like to import in a xsl file all xsl files of a directory :
>

> <xsl:import href="./*.xsl"/>

Not this way, usually. You might want to read the XSLT spec,
which says the href attribute value has to be an URL, and get
some background about URLs, the spec is at
  http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

Please ask pure XSLT questions on the XSL list:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

J.Pietschmann

Re: "if property 'hyphenate' is used, a language must be specified"

Posted by xavier gibouin <xa...@axonie.com>.
Hi

it is a xsl question

i would like to import in a xsl file all xsl files of a directory :

<xsl:import href="./*.xsl"/>

is it possible ???

thanks a lot

Xavier Gibouin
Axonie
Espace Mercoeur
8, rue Mercoeur
44000 Nantes
02.40.48.53.23
xavier.gibouin@axonie.com

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Jiri_Nejedly wrote:

> FOP (0.20.3) gives me this message(s)
>
> [ERROR]: if property 'hyphenate' is used, a language must be specified
>
> but result (PDF ,AWT) seems to be ok .
>
> I have this line before every table in *.fo file :
>
> <fo:block space-before.optimum="0.5cm"  font-size="10pt" font-family
> ="Arial" hyphenate="true">
>
> Must this be "error" ? Wouldn't it be "warning" better, if the
> result is ok
> ?

I cannot find that it is an error from an XSL-FO standpoint (this surprises
me, so maybe I just missed it), but from an implementation standpoint (in
other words, from within FOP), there really is no way to process hyphenation
without knowing which language (and therefore which hyphenation dictionary)
to use. Probably what is happening is that FOP jumps to a default dictionary
(no doubt English or U.S. English). If you are using that default language
your "result is ok", but it is only by accident (the FOP developers could
just as easily have chosen Turkish as the default).

I see that someone has already answered the "what to do" part of your
question.

Victor Mote