Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ma...@tietoenator.com on 2006/12/07 11:54:01 UTC

Help with understanding a rule

Hi,

Recently I sent an email to a list. That email was classified by several
spamassasins as spam due to the contents of the From: header that did not
include my full name. (This email is sent from the same account)

Users on the list said that the full name should be included in the From:
header and not only the email address as is the case now.

I want the IT staff to change this, but they require some "proof" that the
full name should be there(!).

Does anyone know why the full name should be in the From: header? From what
I can read in RFC 822, 4.2.1 there is no real requiremet of this. Is there
anything else I can point to?

This is the rule that matched my email:

"

 pts rule name              description
 3.0 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
"

Thanks,
Magnus Ekhall

RE: Help with understanding a rule