Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/08 22:21:16 UTC

Bug in secretary workbench

Whenever I file a document, I get the

error message: Warning: Invalid From address
Continue anyway?

But there is nothing wrong with the address, and everything completes normally, and at the end, another warning with a red (return to mail index)

The headers look fine and the mail is processed normally. [1]

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

[1] Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 22:12:26 +0000
From: Craig L Russell <cl...@apache.org>
To: root@apache.org
Cc: Daniel Gomm <da...@outlook.de>,
 private@incubator.apache.org,
 private@streampipes.apache.org
Subject: [FORM] Account Request - daniel.gomm@outlook.de: Daniel Gomm

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Bug in secretary workbench

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This is why the *exact* error message is needed to debug the code.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Your patch seems to have fixed the problem.

The only remaining question for me is whether the validity of the @from variable should be in any other document processing tasks (ccla, grant, emeritus).

Thanks,
Craig

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
Just a guess, but the =~ operator in Ruby returns either the index inside the string
where the match is found or nil, depending on the context. You might want to try

_warn "Invalid From address #{@from}" if @from !~ /\A("?[\s\w]+"?\s+<)?\w+@apache\.org>?\z/

but you should also note that \w excludes hyphen and ".", so apache.clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>
will not match regardless. You need [\w\+\=\.\-]+@apache.org <http://apache.org/> (or something), or just

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Current error message says:

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I’ve been getting the same error message.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.