Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Pankaj Malviya <PM...@jareva.com> on 2002/05/29 02:16:39 UTC

Help needed with multiple bundles of i18n tag

Consider the following code in my JSP page which is utilizing resource
string from a global resource file for labels on OK , Cancel buttons as well
as page specific resource file titled "snapshot".

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/i18n" prefix="i18n" %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/i18n" prefix="global" %>

<% Locale localeVar = JarevaLocale.getLocale();%>

<i18n:bundle baseName="com.jareva.webclient.ui.resources.snapshot"
locale="<%=localeVar%>"/>

<global:bundle baseName="com.jareva.webclient.ui.resources.global"
locale="<%=localeVar%>"/>

While invoking the page, only first bundle takes effect, The second one
doesn't work. The JSP page fails to display labels fetched from global
propeties file. Can you tell me where my understanding has problem ?

Thanks,

Pankaj