Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 12:56:09 UTC

Little Tool / Demo for MD5

Hi to all,
after adding the MD5 utility class I have in mind a simple Tool (or Demo ?):
an utility that generates the MD5 sum of a file (chosen) or drop to
the application GUI, in a read only text field( or in a label), and
maybe compare it with a text copied in a text filed by the user (if
provided).

There are many utilities that does so, I know ...

But do you think could be interesting (for example to see if all works
good giving to it the ISO of a CD, and see what happens) ?

Bye

Re: Little Tool / Demo for MD5

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
> The 'process' and build are pretty stable right now right?  That would
> be the main thing that devalues the effort.

Yep - they're fairly stable.

Re: Little Tool / Demo for MD5

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

> I'd use it ;-)
very good, at leats we are in two (lazy :-) ).

> Your MD5 demo has given me another idea for a demo which could be quite useful to the whole team (sorry for hijacking your thread) ...
No problem.

> I have a few ideas for this which I don't want to get anyone too
> excited about just now, so I think I'll just take this one on myself.
> :)  Don't expect it any time soon though. ;-)
Also to me seems a lot of work, so good luck.

Bye

Re: Little Tool / Demo for MD5

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
I don't disagree, Todd.

The 'process' and build are pretty stable right now right?  That would
be the main thing that devalues the effort.

I have a few ideas for this which I don't want to get anyone too
excited about just now, so I think I'll just take this one on myself.
:)  Don't expect it any time soon though. ;-)

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Little Tool / Demo for MD5

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.