Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Jonathan Seidman <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/12 16:51:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Chicago Hadoop User Group Kick-off Meeting

The first meeting of the Chicago area Hadoop User Group will be help on
Wednesday, May 19th from 6:00-8:00PM. The meeting will be held at  Orbitz
Worldwide headquarters located in the Citigroup building at 500 West Madison
in downtown Chicago. Doug Cutting will give a talk by video conference, and
we'll also hear about using R with Amazon's Elastic MapReduce.

If you're planning to attend please send me a message by May 17th. You must
bring a photo ID to present to security. Please check in at the 3rd floor
visitor center as close to 6:00PM as possible and an Orbitz employee will
escort you up to the meeting.

Thanks! Hope to see you there.

Jonathan

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Chicago Hadoop User Group Kick-off Meeting

Posted by "Cooper, Chris" <ch...@navteq.com>.
I plan to attend.

-CC

Chris Cooper
Architect,  R&D
NAVTEQ
425 West Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60606
(T)  +1 312-780-8993
(C)  +1 630-776-7899
www.navteq.com

The first meeting of the Chicago area Hadoop User Group will be help on
Wednesday, May 19th from 6:00-8:00PM. The meeting will be held at  Orbitz
Worldwide headquarters located in the Citigroup building at 500 West Madison
in downtown Chicago. Doug Cutting will give a talk by video conference, and
we'll also hear about using R with Amazon's Elastic MapReduce.

If you're planning to attend please send me a message by May 17th. You must
bring a photo ID to present to security. Please check in at the 3rd floor
visitor center as close to 6:00PM as possible and an Orbitz employee will
escort you up to the meeting.

Thanks! Hope to see you there.

Jonathan

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Chicago Hadoop User Group Kick-off Meeting

Posted by Jonathan Seidman <jo...@gmail.com>.
Just want to add a couple of thanks:

To Cloudera for providing sponsorship
Orbitz Worldwide for hosting
and Mike Segel of MSCC for providing the meetup group as well as
organizational help.

The meetup group can be found at:

http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-area-Hadoop-User-Group-CHUG/