Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/20 02:21:32 UTC

Jasper Reports Help

guys,

i am implementing jasper reports within my tapestry web app. and i am
sorry i should probably post this to jasper forums, but i am really in
urgent need for help here.

i have a field which is returning a boolean value true or false. i
want to replace a true with a 1 and a false with a 2 within my report.
how can i do this.

can somebody pls help me out here. thanks and sorry for posting here.

Re: Jasper Reports Help

Posted by Scott Russell <sc...@hotmail.com>.
Have you tried this?

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><!
[CDATA[$F{myBooleanField}.booleanValue() ? "1" : "2" ]]></textFieldExpression>

-Scott

Re: Jasper Reports Help

Posted by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com>.
and where does it go, in TextField expression.

Re: Jasper Reports Help

Posted by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com>.
and if its not 1 or 2 but some text like correct, incorrect etc. and
thanks a lot.

Re: Jasper Reports Help

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
Depends on your scripting language for the report but
in general you simply need to specify expression for
the field as
($F{boolean_field} == true)? 1:2