Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by unplug <un...@vulture.no-ip.com> on 2002/06/25 09:32:11 UTC

mime-type setting

Hi all,

  I want to set mime-type in tomcat 3.3.  However, I can't find the
web.xml under $TOMCAT_HOME/conf (there is a default web.xml under
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf for tomcat 3.2).  Also I can't find any document
about setting mime-type in tomcat 3.3.  Where to set mime-type in
order to make tomcat works?  Anyway example of web.xml format?

Rgds,
unplug

Re: mime-type setting

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
No,

I was suggesting that you use the Tomcat 4 web.xml as an example of how to
set a mime-type in your own app's web.xml.

Here is a sample mime-mapping that you can put near the bottom of your own
web.xml in [myapp]/WEB-INF:

<mime-mapping>
         <extension>css</extension>
         <mime-type>text/css</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

I actually have to set that in my web.xml when my app runs under
Tomcat-3.3.x because it returns .css files in text/plain which makes it so
that Mozilla, in strict parsing mode, ignores the css.  Adding the
<mime-mapping> to my own app's web.xml fixes it.

Jake

Re: mime-type setting

Posted by unplug <un...@vulture.no-ip.com>.

Re: mime-type setting