Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com> on 2010/10/11 05:23:38 UTC

[NPanday] NPanday 2.0 Road Map

Hi Everyone,

These are the things we currently have on the road map for 2.0

*NPANDAY-288 Support for VS 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0
NPANDAY-330 Support for VS2010 MVC Project
NPANDAY-329 Support for VS2010 WCF Project
NPANDAY-328 Support for VS2010 WPF Project
NPANDAY-316 Trying to import WPF-project on 64-bit system (VS 2008) throws FileLoadException

*NPANDAY-186 Remove the uac and pab directories
*NPANDAY-231 Remove RDF repository and model

*Enhancements/Bug Fixes
NPANDAY-113 Documentation for each Plugin
NPANDAY-325 Additional parameters for wix-maven-plugin
NPANDAY-298 'npanday.plugin:maven-compile-plugin' does not exist or no valid version
NPANDAY-293 AddIn file created by installer differs from maven-vsinstaller-plugin
NPANDAY-290 Improve console output for integration tests
NPANDAY-284 npanday breaks if localRepository is not default
NPANDAY-279 Migrate NPanday's dotnet pom's to "dotnet-*" types

*Please feel free to add and speak up if there are things that you would like to have road mapped for 2.0

We propose that we continue supporting the 1.2.x series and do a separate branch with this version so that new fixes can be consumed by users at earliest time possible.

Also We currently have now are 2 branches that are working on the support for vs2010 and removal of the uac and pab directories.
Once we have these branches stabilized we can merge them back to trunk and have trunk upgraded to 2.0-SNAPSHOT and do milestone releases so that we can keep the spirit of having users who want to use these new features as soon as they can get them ASAP.

Hoping to hear your thoughts soon,

Joe

--
Joe Ocaba

Re: [NPanday] NPanday 2.0 Road Map

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 11/10/2010, at 4:23 PM, Josimpson Ocaba wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> These are the things we currently have on the road map for 2.0
>

> *NPANDAY-288 Support for VS 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0
> NPANDAY-330 Support for VS2010 MVC Project
> NPANDAY-329 Support for VS2010 WCF Project
> NPANDAY-328 Support for VS2010 WPF Project
> NPANDAY-316 Trying to import WPF-project on 64-bit system (VS 2008) throws FileLoadException
>
> *NPANDAY-186 Remove the uac and pab directories
> *NPANDAY-231 Remove RDF repository and model

How about splitting the VS integration and the Maven plugins into two separate releases / trunks? Can't remember if I brought that up before, or if it were already ruled out - if so, just point me to the thread :)

> *Enhancements/Bug Fixes
> NPANDAY-113 Documentation for each Plugin
> NPANDAY-325 Additional parameters for wix-maven-plugin
> NPANDAY-298 'npanday.plugin:maven-compile-plugin' does not exist or no valid version
> NPANDAY-293 AddIn file created by installer differs from maven-vsinstaller-plugin
> NPANDAY-290 Improve console output for integration tests
> NPANDAY-284 npanday breaks if localRepository is not default
> NPANDAY-279 Migrate NPanday's dotnet pom's to "dotnet-*" types
>
> *Please feel free to add and speak up if there are things that you would like to have road mapped for 2.0
>

> We propose that we continue supporting the 1.2.x series and do a separate branch with this version so that new fixes can be consumed by users at earliest time possible.

I think this is concurrent to the other thread... If that's the case, should some of the above be moved into that version?

Also, there's a new issue with a patch in JIRA with no associated version that could go in that too.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter