Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Александр Свиридов <oo...@mail.ru> on 2015/06/28 17:33:16 UTC

Re[2]: PdfBox 2.0 scale to A4 while printing document

Воскресенье, 28 июня 2015, 17:10 +02:00 от Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>:
>Am 28.06.2015 um 16:43 schrieb Александр Свиридов:
>>   When I print pdf document it doesn't stretch to take normal A4 page area. I mean that margins are too big and document is smaller then it could be and is located in center of the page.
>
>Yes it is centered. What else would you expect? Adjusted to the bottom
>right? I don't understand you. Really. Of course I expect it to be centered. And it is centered as it's expected. However, If everything were as expected I wouldn't right to mailing list, would I?
I always thought that information for fixing some bug is a starting point. That's why I provided this information.

>We'd need the PDF to find out what (if anything) is wrong I do all files using Libre Office. I tried different files and even very simple ones. So just take any file and you must get the same results.
>

>Please try also printing it with Adobe Reader in 100% mode. I printed my pdf file with Adobe Reader in mode 100%. And as expected left and right margins are about 2cm. In comparison when I print using pdfbox left margin is 4.5cm, right about 3.5cm.
>
>Tilman
>
>PS: don't CC user postings to me. I get then anyway. Really sorry for this. I can't understand why my mailing service added your address and I didn't notice it.

So the problem is still there. How to fix it?

Re: PdfBox 2.0 scale to A4 while printing document

Posted by Tres Finocchiaro <tr...@gmail.com>.
Please forgive me for bumping an old thread, but has anyone tried 2.0.0
with custom margins when using a non-zero density?

With density zero, we get desired results, but if we specify the DPI (force
rasterization), we get some strange margins on the right and on the
bottom....

Preview:
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/6345473/14086343/a7a0e92c-f4f2-11e5-86ea-deca6e27a7ac.png

We've upgraded from RC3 to 2.0.0 stable with the same results.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Thanks... I wonder what we'll do in the countries that don't use A4?
According to wikipedia, this is North America, Bolivia, Colombia,
Panama, Venezuela, the Philippines, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, and
Chile. We'd need to set up some default that will work in any country,
e.g. by getting the values from the print dialog or whatever.

Tilman

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Alex Sviridov <oo...@mail.ru>.