Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2006/12/29 01:55:40 UTC

Inner resultMap

Doing a 1:1 query with IBATIS 2.2.0, I am using an inner resultMap to
fetch an object. Does anyone know why I am forced to prefix the
resultMap with the namespace? The example in the Developer Guide (p. 36)
does not have it that way.

   <resultMap id="roleMap" class="Role">
     <result property="value" column="ur_id" />
   </resultMap>

   <resultMap id="userMap" class="User" groupBy="id">
     <result property="id" column="u_id" />
     <result property="roles" resultMap="User.roleMap" />
   </resultMap>

PS: Clinton, I believe a good enhancement to retrieving a collection of
primitives or enums (like above), would be to allow a shortcut as follows:

   <resultMap id="userMap" class="User" groupBy="id">
     <result property="roles" column="ur_id" resultClass="Role" />
   </resultMap>

Paul