Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oguz Yarimtepe <co...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/04 15:25:48 UTC

kmeter usage for form testing

I was trying to test my simple PHP application. It is composed of two pages. One is listing the image names. When the name is clicked a comment page is being opened. By writing the comment and submiting, it is possible to see all comments at the same page.

I followed the steps here to create a Threaded Group and Proxy Server to record my actions: http://one-size-doesnt-fit-all.blogspot.com/2009/06/stress-load-testing-web-applications.html

I first open the list page and clicked on one of the image names and added a comment. I can see that the HTTP requests are recorded. I could see the GET and POST values also. When i run the action again and see the results at a listener, i thought what ever i done is repeated so i checked the mysql database i was using to keep my comments. I didn't see the same record again.

So i am not sure whether i managed to create the test for my PHP application in the right way. What should i do to make my POST actions take effect also at the database part?

I was trying to compare the performance of two languages. So i wrote the same application with PHP and the framework i wanna compare.

--
Oguz Yarimtepe <co...@gmail.com>

Re: jmeter usage for form testing

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
In firefox use LiveHttpHeaders. In IE you can use HTTPHeadersWatch basic.
You can use any proxy like Fiddler with either browser
Sometimes you can use the response tab in JMeter and use render response as
HTML. You may be able to use the error message , if present, to detect what
you are doing wrong
regards
deepak

Posted by Oguz Yarimtepe <co...@gmail.com>.