Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kyle999312 <ka...@trakit-gps.com> on 2007/03/13 17:58:04 UTC

Tomcat different docbases multiple context

we are using Tomcat 5.0.28 and currently we have about 100 different contexts
.ie domain/a.. domain/b.. and so on all of which run off of the same code
but each domain runs against a different database.  Currently everything
runs off its own docbase /a looks at /a, /b at /b and so on.  I dont like
the fact that we have the same code duplicated 100 times makes maintaining
and updating a pain and it seems like it wouldnt be the best result
performance wise.

Would changing everything to point at one docbase improve the performance of
tomcat?
Are there other performance enhancements I could do to help out tomcat?
It seems like when we get up to around 100 threads in tomcat that tomcat
will start really struggling usually results in a out of memory error we
have 4 gigs of ram and i think we were able to allocate like 1.2 or so to
tomcat should we be able to handle more then 100 threads at a single time?

Im not much of a tomcat person but it seems we should be able to get some
better performance out of it so any help is appreciated

Thanks