Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/07/01 14:24:30 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Hello,

It's been a few days since we discussed the possible release of Apache Taverna Language incubator. Since then we have corrected many build issues and identified areas where documentation (NOTICE, LICENSE and README) can be improved. I don't think that any of the documentation issues are enough to stop us going ahead with the release and the fact that we identified build issues and corrected them shows that the release process is working. I believe that we should go ahead with the release while adding the documentation issues to JIRA so that we can fix them when we have time to do so.

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

We cancelled the vote due to some build and documentation issues. They have been fixed and we will try a new deploy and vote soon.

Cheers,

Ian

From: Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>>, Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>>, "dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org<ma...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>>

Hello,

It is building fine....
              No problem.
                          All the functions are working fine. :-)

Cheers
Menaka

On 10 July 2015 at 22:26, Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello Stian,
Thank you very much for the greetings. Hope you are spending happy time in the conference....!!! :-) Before the version change it worked perfectly.
After changing the version back to 0.15.0, the project was just like as in the screenshot.[cid:ii_ibxv79pg0_14e78e48d8ba6833]
​
But doesn't show where the problem is.

I'm trying to build it again and continue working.

Cheers
Menaka

On 10 July 2015 at 20:38, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>> wrote:
Menaka, did you get it building..?

Greetings from Dublin. :)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

From: Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM
To: Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>>, Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>>, "dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org<ma...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@taverna.incubator.apache.org>>

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
[INFO] Replacing original artifact with shaded artifact.
[INFO] Replacing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
with
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar
[INFO] Dependency-reduced POM written at:
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
[INFO] Dependency-reduced POM written at:
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.5.1:install (default-install) @
taverna-language-commandline ---
[INFO] Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.pom
[INFO] Downloaded:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.pom
(4 KB at 1.3 KB/sec)
[INFO] Downloading:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.jar
[INFO] Downloaded:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-utils/0.4/maven-shared-utils-0.4.jar
(152 KB at 37.3 KB/sec)
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-test-sources.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-test-sources.jar
[INFO] Installing
/home/menaka/git/incubator-taverna-language/taverna-language-commandline/target/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
/home/menaka/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/language/taverna-language-commandline/0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/taverna-language-commandline-0.15.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 11:39 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-07-10T22:30:50+05:30
[INFO] Final Memory: 89M/290M
[INFO]

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ian,

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

Taverna-language-commandline still seems to have build issues on its own, this time with scufl2-iwir. Builds fine from parent. I thought the build issues had been fixed. I'm not going to continue the taverna-language deploy until someone can convince me that the dependencies are sorted.....why does it depend on taverna-language-0.15.1, is this something to with the failed mvn release:deploy that I mentioned earlier?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Christian Brenninkmeijer <ch...@manchester.ac.uk>.
I fully agree with Stian.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

I'm going to attempt to make a release based on the info at http://taverna.staging.apache.org/community/releasing.
I'm waiting for/figuring out how to get https://people.apache.org/keys/group/taverna.asc to update itself with my OpenPGP key fingerprint.
Wish me luck......

Cheers,

Ian

> A release with the build issues fixed but with the documentation issues added to JIRA.

So a RC3. Sounds OK to me.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 01/07/2015 14:13, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A release with the build issues fixed but with the documentation issues added to JIRA.

So a RC3. Sounds OK to me.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

A release with the build issues fixed but with the documentation issues added to JIRA.

Cheers,

Ian

> It's been a few days since we discussed the possible release of Apache
> Taverna Language incubator. Since then we have corrected many build
> issues and identified areas where documentation (NOTICE, LICENSE and
> README) can be improved. I don't think that any of the documentation
> issues are enough to stop us going ahead with the release and the fact
> that we identified build issues and corrected them shows that the
> release process is working. I believe that we should go ahead with the
> release while adding the documentation issues to JIRA so that we can
> fix them when we have time to do so.

I'm confused as to if you are suggesting going ahead with the 0.15.0-incubating RC2 with the known build issues (and documentation issues), or a release with the build issues fixed but still with the documentation issues.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC2

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 01/07/2015 13:24, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's been a few days since we discussed the possible release of
> Apache Taverna Language incubator. Since then we have corrected many
> build issues and identified areas where documentation (NOTICE,
> LICENSE and README) can be improved. I don't think that any of the
> documentation issues are enough to stop us going ahead with the
> release and the fact that we identified build issues and corrected
> them shows that the release process is working. I believe that we
> should go ahead with the release while adding the documentation
> issues to JIRA so that we can fix them when we have time to do so.

I'm confused as to if you are suggesting going ahead with the
0.15.0-incubating RC2 with the known build issues (and documentation
issues), or a release with the build issues fixed but still with the
documentation issues.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Alan