Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> on 2005/10/27 11:14:15 UTC

finding a page

Hi,

I have a library which contains a page (let's suppose its ID is PageInLibrary).
If the library is imported in the application specification with the ID MyLibrary then I can access the page using the qualified name MyLibrary:PageInLibrary.

My question: how can I access this page from an engine service which is packaged with the library and does not know what is the ID of the library (or maybe it is not imported at all). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Norbi

Re: finding a page

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Norbert Sándor <developer <at> erinors.com> writes:

> I have a library which contains a page (let's suppose its ID is PageInLibrary).
> If the library is imported in the application specification with the ID
> MyLibrary then I can access the page
> using the qualified name MyLibrary:PageInLibrary.
>
> My question: how can I access this page from an engine service which is
> packaged with the library and does not know what is the ID of the library
> (or maybe it is not imported at all). Is this possible?

My only solution is to pass the library id as a service parameter to it
as an engine service has no concept of "it's own library".

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)