Posted to issues@hbase.apache.org by Karthick Ram <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/18 07:10:40 UTC

Uninitialized Message Exception thrown while getting values.

"UninitializedMessageException : Message missing required fields : region,
get", is thrown while performing Get. Due to this all the Get requests to
the same Region Server are getting stalled.

com.google.protobuf.UninitializedMessageException: Message missing required
fields : region, get
at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessage$Build.newUninitializedMessageException(AbstractMessage.java:770)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$GetRequest$Builder.build(ClientProtos.java:6377)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$GetRequest$Builder.build(ClientProtos.java:6309)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.processRequest(RpcServer.java:1840)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.processOneRpc(RpcServer.java:1775)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.process(RPcServer.java:1623)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Connection.readAndProcess(RpcServer.java:1603)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener.doRead(RpcServer.java:861)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(RpcServer.java:643)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer$Listener$Reader.run(RpcServer.java:619)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Fwd: Uninitialized Message Exception thrown while getting values.

Posted by Karthick Ram <ka...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Karthick Ram <ka...@gmail.com>.
We checked again for the Protobuf version. We are using Protobuf version
2.5.0 in both client and RS side and there were no collision of jars. We
have been using the same jar for months but this issue never happened
before.

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
Karthick

Posted by Karthick Ram <ka...@gmail.com>.
We have been using this setup for months now and this issue never occurred
before. And we are not able to reproduce the same.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
From the exception message, it seems some GetRequest was empty.

Posted by Karthick Ram <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.