Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Aaron Magi <am...@alarmpoint.com> on 2007/03/01 01:12:32 UTC

HSSF Serializer, problems setting defaultColumnWidth on gmr:Sheet , or ColumnWidth, any suggestions?

I am trying to set the default column width on the gmr:Sheet but it is not working.

<gmr:Workbook>

                <gmr:Sheets>

                <gmr:Sheet ColumnWidth="1, 10240" DefaultColumnWidth="10240" OutlineSymbolsRight="true" OutlineSymbolsBelow="true" DisplayOutlines="true" HideRowHeader="false" HideColHeader="false" HideGrid="false" HideZero="false" DisplayFormulas="false">

I have noticed that in excel if I modify the width of the columns and save it as a 2003 xml document it updates the WORKSHEET <column> and sets the width to “221.25”  I have tried a variety of values for my default columnWidth and columnWidth but neither change the Worksheet defaultColumnWidth.

<Worksheet ss:Name="Monthly Schedule Report">

  <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="8" ss:ExpandedRowCount="11" x:FullColumns="1"

   x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60">

   <Column ss:AutoFitWidth="0" ss:Width="221.25" ss:Span="7"/>

I want to be able to set the width wider for the columns but can’t figure out how to do this.  I am using cocoon and the HSSF Serializer

Is there a way to set the column width globally, on the gmr:content, or using a gmr:style?

If you need more info please ask.