Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Okstad <po...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 17:17:30 UTC

My CouchDB app for iOS

Hello all,

(I apologize if you saw this email in the users mail list already, it was suggested to forward a copy to the dev list)

I just released a free developer utility app for replicating datasets from CouchDB servers to your iOS device. It’s called Sofa King: Sync!

App home page: http://pokstad.com/sofaking/ <http://pokstad.com/sofaking/>
Apple App Store (iTunes) page: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sofa-king-sync/id1129432984?mt=8 <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sofa-king-sync/id1129432984?mt=8>

I built it in Swift using Cloudant’s CDTDatastore. It’s very barebones right now, only allowing one way pull replication from a server to the device. I hope to enable more functionality once I get some feedback on the current version. I’m interested in what CouchDB users/developers think about the navigation system. I’d also love to hear what functionality is important to developers when they are away from their lappy.

I’m also interested in populating my initial database with some useful JSON documents. If you have a dataset you think would be useful for demonstration purposes, please feel free to contact me. Thank you!

—
Paul Okstad
http://pokstad.com <http://pokstad.com/>