Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Henrik Mohr <he...@webdata.dk> on 2003/05/22 14:41:31 UTC

Newbie; can't access Xindice through XML-RPC - please help!

Hello again (Charles and others),

OK, I've now fetched the souce from the public cvs repository, and compiled
it. No problems.
I've copied the _new_ Xindice.war to my "webapps" folder in Tomcat, and
started it.

I can still browse the CVS through a browser pointing to
http://localhost/Xindice, but I still can't use the command line:
C:\java\xml-xindice\bin>.\xindice.bat lc -c /db
ERROR : Collection not found!

C:\java\xml-xindice\bin>.\xindice.bat lc -c /db -u http://localhost/Xindice
ERROR : Collection not found!

C:\java\xml-xindice\bin>.\xindice.bat lc -c /db -u
http://localhost:80/Xindice
ERROR : Collection not found!

Any ideas? Please help, I'm on my 4th night without any access to Xindice
1.1.

Just for the record:
I use Tomcat 5.02 and Sun JDK1.4.1_01.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Henrik, Denmark

RE: Newbie; can't access Xindice through XML-RPC - please help!

Posted by Andi Heusser <ah...@gmx.ch>.
Hi Henrik (and others)

Did you manage to get the command line tool working with xindice-1.1b? I'm
running into the exact same problems and couldn't find any helpful info on
the web nor the archive of the mailing list.

If not, could anyone please help me with that issue? It seems that quite a
few people are using Xindice 1.1b by now and therefore I assume that it's
working for at least a few of those.

I'm using Xindice 1.1b under Tomcat 4.1.24 and Windows XP. The database is
correctly deployed under Tomcat since I can access it through the ugly debug
tool. I can access the database using the -l and -d flags (accessing it
locally), but I can't get the command line tool to work via the network
using either the -u or --uri flags.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Andi Heusser

-----