Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Zuo, Ruo-Yu (RuoYu)" <ru...@esgyn.cn> on 2015/10/14 05:34:32 UTC

Is there anyone can merge the PR 96

Hi all,

PR 96 (https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/96) is hanging there for long. If there’s no-one has question about this change, could any of you committer please merge it?

I’ve been asked again and again by different people about what does the suffix Nv44 we are using for ICU libs stands for, and why is it, so I have to explain again and again, and I started to feel this is stupid thing that we are still using a name convention from Neoview time, and I have to explain all over the story when I was asked by anyone who’s not familiar with the history. Despite of that, keep using this suffix is not appropriate thing, and will cause inconvenience of reusing to anyone who has ICU libs already in their boxes. This will be helpful for recent dev environment building works(Esgyn China now are working on building lots of dev machines).

I understand that this might affect those existing dev environments, but I think this is a good thing we need to do for future introducing more external contributors. I updated the latest traf_tools_ssetup.sh script accordingly as well, and it’s in this PR already(this is kind of stupid too, my PR of removing this suffix was committed about half months ago, but the traf_tools_setup scripts was in 4 days ago), also we need someone has the permission to update the wiki accordingly.

Thanks& Regards
RuoYu

Re: Is there anyone can merge the PR 96

Posted by RuoYu Zuo <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arvind,
​
I understand. I just don’t want it confuses and stalls anyone who’s wokring
on setting up the environment.

I think​ symbolic links will do the job.

Thanks& Regards
RuoYu

——
Life’s a journey not a destination, don’t just tell what tomorrow brings.