Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ramani <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/18 15:53:47 UTC

new undocumented parameter in Store.getScanner

I found that in Hbase CDH 5.2.0 0.98, the method "Store.getScanner" has new
parameter called "readPt".

There is no documentation in java docs about its purpose and what should be
value?

I am trying to migrate off of 0.96 and am stuck on this one. Can any Hbase
developer/committer shed more light on this one?

Thanks,
Satish

Re: new undocumented parameter in Store.getScanner

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please see HBASE-9754

This parameter is passed from HRegion#RegionScannerImpl ctor which tells
KeyValueScanner the read point it should use.
The read point value is obtained from MultiVersionConsistencyControl member
of HRegion.

BTW Store interface is marked:

@InterfaceAudience.Private

Why do you need to use its method(s) directly ?

Cheers