Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by ��������� <94...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/03 13:20:33 UTC

Can the SpanLayer.java not enum and let user custome?

Can you open this class Let user customer.
I think this code had no strong contract with server side.
Maybe I hadn't clear this project. please point out.
Thanks~!

Re: Can the SpanLayer.java not enum and let user custome?

Posted by ZhuoSi Chen <94...@gmail.com>.

On 2019/12/04 11:03:06, Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which layer? If it makes sense, you could do that on upstream(Apache repo).
> The reason we prefer to lock it, is that these values are sensitive for
> analysis. If people add the value randomly, the analysis will break. This
> is for the project feature stability.
>
> ZhuoSi Chen <94...@gmail.com>于2019年12月4日 周三下午7:01写道:
>

> > On 2019/12/04 10:39:42, Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Good to know. Could you give me more details why you want to extend this
> > > type?
> > >
> > > ZhuoSi Chen <94...@gmail.com>于2019年12月4日 周三下午6:37写道:

> > > --
> > > Sheng Wu 吴晟
> > >
> > > Apache SkyWalking
> > > Apache Incubator
> > > Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
> > > Zipkin
> > > Twitter, wusheng1108
> >
> > Because I think the code should more freedom.
> > And I want to add a new one to SpanLayer.I find no way to go on.
> > Also I don't know what is will effect.
> >
> --
> Sheng Wu 吴晟
>
> Apache SkyWalking
> Apache Incubator
> Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
> Zipkin
> Twitter, wusheng1108
Thank you for your answer!

Re: Can the SpanLayer.java not enum and let user custome?

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ZhuoSi Chen <94...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ZhuoSi Chen <94...@gmail.com>.