Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Hodgson <An...@allpay.net> on 2008/09/02 11:35:06 UTC

[users@httpd] Moving website that uses full paths

Hi,

I am implementing a website that used to be available on
https://domain.com/, and I want it on https://domain2.com/website/.  The
problem I am finding is that the site has code in it like this:

		<link href="/file.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Which is causing the browser to go to https://domain2.com/file.css

The Apache configuration I am using for this is as follows:

[...]

Alias /website d:/websites/website
<Directory d:/websites/website>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Is there anything I can do about this issue in Apache?  I am not sure
whether there is, since the browser is being instructed to go to the
full path, which Apache is doing correctly, but I thought I would ask
anyway.

Thanks.
Andrew.

--
allpay.net Limited, Fortis et Fides, Whitestone Business Park, Whitestone, Hereford, HR1 3SE.
Registered in England No. 02933191. UK VAT Reg. No. 666 9148 88.

Telephone: 0870 243 3434, Fax: 0870 243 6041.
Website: www.allpay.net
Email: enquiries@allpay.net

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the allpay.net Information Security Manager at the number above.

RE: [users@httpd] Moving website that uses full paths

Posted by Andrew Hodgson <An...@allpay.net>.
Nick Kew wrote:

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:35:06 +0100
"Andrew Hodgson" <An...@allpay.net> wrote:

>> Is there anything I can do about this issue in Apache?  I am not sure

>> whether there is, since the browser is being instructed to go to the
>> full path, which Apache is doing correctly, but I thought I would ask

>> anyway.

>mod_proxy_html fixes exactly that problem.  It's designed for use in a
>reverse proxy (where the same issue is common), but can also fix up
>your more self-inflicted problem.

>But I really wouldn't recommend it if you have static documents.
>Better just to cobble up a one-off script to fix your links,
>including things like templates that generate them, etc.

Thanks for this - we will be doing this work in the future, until then
we will make a change to the URL in the short-term.

Andrew.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:35:06 +0100

http://www.apachetutor.org/