Posted to user@flink.apache.org by KristoffSC <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/18 13:04:05 UTC

Side Outputs from RichAsyncFunction

Hi all,
Is there a way to emit a side output from RichAsyncFunction operator like it
is possible with ProcessFunctions via ctx.output(outputTag, value); At first
glance I don't see a way to do it

In my use case RichAsyncFunction is used to call REST services and I would
like to handle REST error codes and exceptions by emitting special Events as
a SideOutput.

Thanks,
Krzysztof

Re: Side Outputs from RichAsyncFunction

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
I don't think this is possible.

At the very least you should be able to workaround this by having your
AsyncFunction return an Either<X, CustomError>, and having a subsequent
ProcessFunction do the side-output business.

Posted by KristoffSC <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
any thoughts about this one?

Regards,