Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Kambiz Niktabar <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2014/12/19 08:39:38 UTC

Not possible to add DFS root in windows share repository

Hi Karl,

I'm a bit struggling to define a windows share repository to our DFS root. Basically our DFS root is something like \\domain.net\dfs but in repository connection creation it's not possible to have entire path in the "Server" field (I get "server name can not include path information"). It's not either possible to only have domain.net in the server field as it return another message "Couldn't connect to server: A duplicate name exists on the network." Can you advise how this can be fixed?

Regards
Kambiz Niktabar

Re: Not possible to add DFS root in windows share repository

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kambiz,

The allowed operations of JCIFS differ for DFS root names vs. paths and
shares.  If you provide a path in that slot, 90% of the time it will not
properly authenticate, and getting share security will fail.   So that is
not an option.

Allowing a path type-in even when there is an error might be one thing to
work around your network problem.  But the obvious first step is to try to
fix the network.

Karl

Posted by Kambiz Niktabar <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Karl,