Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Angoli, Angelo" <AA...@BroadViewNet.com> on 2002/06/18 20:00:12 UTC

LDAP and SimpleRealm - Tomcat 4.0.3

Guys,

   I am using SimpleRealm with Tomcat 4.0.3 for authentication. It works but
when inside my servlet I use LDAP for authorization I get the following
error:

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: weblogic
WLInitialContextFactory.  Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundExcepti
blogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappCl
der.java:1394)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappCl
der.java:1243)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
(...)

The jar file containing this class is under {Tomcat.home}/common/lib as for
documentation.
Is it because I need to use an LDAP realm instead of simple realm also for
authentication?
I don't get this problem if I use other servlet containers.

Thanks

Angelo