Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@pearson.com> on 2006/01/11 16:23:50 UTC

RE: [OT] Eclipse and JSTL & web-app

I got eclipse to recognize my custom tag but in the process I noticed that
the xml web-app definition version 2.4 doesn't support the taglib element
anymore.  Why did this go away and what version of the Servlet/JSP servlet
spec did it go away?

Shawn

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 1/11/06, Garner, Shawn <sh...@pearson.com> wrote:

> I got eclipse to recognize my custom tag but in the process I noticed that
> the xml web-app definition version 2.4 doesn't support the taglib element
> anymore.  Why did this go away and what version of the Servlet/JSP servlet
> spec did it go away?

Probably in 2.4, since it works in 2.3... but you haven't needed
<taglib> tags in web.xml since 2.2, and then only if you had more than
one tld file per jar.  I think.  That was a long time ago. :)

--
Wendy