Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Developer <de...@jhsachs.com> on 2012/12/02 02:00:33 UTC

Blocked from logging on to forum

I just tried to post a message to the OO Forum after some months of
absence. I couldn't do it; the forum said I had an invalid user name or
password.

I clicked the "forgot password" button. The system reset my password and
sent me the new one. I activated the new password and tried to log on.
The forum said I had an invalid user name or password. I tried again,
typing the new password instead of copy-and-pasting. Invalid user name
or password.

I created a brand new account with a different user name and email
address. After I got the acknowledgment I activated the account and
tried to log in. Invalid user name and password.

I appear to be locked out of the forum completely.

Since I have no way to contact the administrators without logging on,
this mailing list seems to be my only recourse.

Anyone involved with administering the forum, please help!

If there are no forum administrators here, I'd be grateful if somebody
would forward this message to one of them.

Re: Blocked from logging on to forum

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
There is a User jhsachs registered on the old forum
http://www.oooforum.org/
active about 09 November 2011.  Might this be the account in question?  If so, it is not surprising that the new forum
http://http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/
doesn't like the login.

The old forum is being temperamental today, so I'm only finding results from Google searches.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Blocked from logging on to forum

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:16:27 +0100
Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sunday morning first things done here!
>
> Do you confirm that you're talking about his account: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58744 ?
> Make sure that the cookies are enable for the forum.
>
> In case of problem, reply to me (without the list in copy if your message has personal information), I'll take care of that (I've admin rights).
>
> As for the contact mail, this is an old topic that had been abandoned after the move to the ASF servers. I'll see with imacat how to fix it.

That is the account I found, Hagar.  I suspect there is confusion between the forums, but haen't been able to check Users on the old forum this morning - its being buggy again.  I did check on the Apache Forun and could find no User from his domain.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Blocked from logging on to forum

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Hi,

Sunday morning first things done here!

Do you confirm that you're talking about his account: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58744 ?
Make sure that the cookies are enable for the forum.

In case of problem, reply to me (without the list in copy if your message has personal information), I'll take care of that (I've admin rights).

As for the contact mail, this is an old topic that had been abandoned after the move to the ASF servers. I'll see with imacat how to fix it.

Hagar

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 09:44:06 +0100
Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> Forwarding Rory's answers, below, to the original poster. Andrea
<snip>

Thanks, Andrea.  I always press the Reply button instinctively, rather than the Reply to aLL. I suspect this is a case of mistake beween the old Forum and the new.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Blocked from logging on to forum

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 08:01:31 +0000

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
At times it happens in life. The moderator may contact soon. But why you
have not mentioned your name? ( I am a volunteer here)

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480