Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2017/12/14 17:49:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] Accepting Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Hello all,

In case you didn't know (which I think is the case for many of you),
longtime Mifos contributor, GSOC student and GCI mentor, Rajan Maurya
completed a GSOC internship this past summer under the mentorship of Markus
Geiss for Apache Fineract with the Apache Software Foundation as the
mentoring organization.

His project centered around building an Android Mobile Field Operations App
for the generation 3 architecture which we were referring to as Fineract
2.0 at the time but will now be Fineract CN.

All of his commits were made in a personal repository (since there was no
Apache Fineract CN repo yet) so they can't simply fall under Apache and
must go through the formal IP clearance process which starts with a vote
from the PMC before they can be part of Apache Fineract.

Rajan has transferred ownership of the repository over to the Mifos
Initiative so we will be providing the software grant agreement to
contribute if and when we get approval from the PMC.

So if you'd like to see the first incarnation of a mobile field operations
app for the new architecture be a part of Apache Fineract, please discuss
your feedback and or concerns and after this discussion we'll call for a
vote.

You can view the repo at https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile and
test out the latest APK from https://github.com/
openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile/wiki

The APK has been updated to point to the baseURL with the most recent demo
credentials provided by Markus:

    > Tenant: playground
    > Username: apache.demo
    > Password ven3t1@n

A list of all the pull requests can be found at
*https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed
<https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed>*

and learn more about the project's original goals in his GSOC application
at https://goo.gl/qsUw2C

Cheers,

Ed

Re: [DISCUSS] Accepting Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
I'm going to close this discussion now as Rajan has answered all the
questions that were raised.

I'm also sharing the blog post he shared on Medium -
https://medium.com/@therajanmaurya/apache-gsoc-2017-blog-post-f2791dc136b5
-  which outlines his full experience working on the mobile app during GSOC

I will start the subsequent vote thread.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: [DISCUSS] Accepting Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Myrle,

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hey Rajan,