Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Matt Brock <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/29 01:17:01 UTC

tapestry-prop and integers / booleans ?

I'm in the process of converting the OGNL binding expressions for my
component properties to the tap-prop method, but for some reason I can't
bind to a simple value without declaring a getter/setter.

So this won't work:

&lt;binding name="value" value="prop:true" /&gt;

But it will if I define a method in the class file:

public Boolean getTrue() {

&nbsp;&nbsp;return true;

}

Integers don't work, either:

&lt;binding name="value" value="prop:108" /&gt;

Is there a simple fix for this?  Or am I relegated to using OGNL for simple
expressions?  I think it goes without saying that it would be extremely
annoying if that's the case.

More problems with Tapestry-Prop

Posted by Matt Brock <br...@gmail.com>.
No one has noticed this yet?  Crazy.

Well how about this: BigDecimals don't get cast correctly, (improperly cast
to Strings), which causes values bound to prop:bigDecimalVariable to blow up
with a ClassCastException on form submit.