Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2021/02/09 02:48:17 UTC

Donating code from Nutch to Commons - commons-url?

Hi dev@,
My name is Lewis, I'm a dev over in the Nutch project - http://nutch.apache.org.
It occurred to me that Nutch has some rather useful code related to URL processing. It can do things like
* extract domain name from an input URL or String
* get domain suffix
* compare domains
* get domain prefix
.. loads more.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile donating this code to a commons-url project such that other could more easily reuse this code should they desire. I suspect it would be quite a small project... initially anyway.

Does anyone have any feedback to this proposal?

Thank you
lewismc

[0] https://github.com/apache/nutch/blob/master/src/java/org/apache/nutch/util/URLUtil.java

Re: Donating code from Nutch to Commons - commons-url?

Posted by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the feedback. I was overlooking comnmons-net.
I'll do some more research and approach the HttpComponent's team as well.
Thank you

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.