Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2019/05/05 06:18:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] Splash Screen Requirements

Hi all,

It seems there're many different requirements for the Apache NetBeans
splash screens.

So I've uploaded a PNG [1] and a SVG [2] sample to

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2455

Existing requirements/suggestions are:

- Brand both the platform splash [3] and the ide [4].
- Existing size is too small, resize to 640 × 396
- Use an open source alternative to the "Impact" typography,
traditionally used in NetBeans.
- Do not add shadows to the logo.
- Have "Apache", "NetBeans" and "IDE" / "Platform" in different lines.
- Leave room for a progress bar and the running text.

Please add suggestions/requirements to NETBEANS-2455. Working proposals
are preferred. Discussion will be closed as soon as possible (say 48h?).

Thanks,
Antonio

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12967848/apache-netbeans-splash.png

[2]

SVG file uses the "Anton Regular" font, which is an open source
alternative to Microsoft's "Impact", the font that has traditionally
been used for the NetBeans logo text.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12967849/apache-netbeans-splash.svg

https://github.com/google/fonts/tree/master/ofl/anton

[3]
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/platform/core.startup/src/org/netbeans/core/startup/splash.gif

[4]
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/nb/ide.branding/core.startup/src/org/netbeans/core/startup/splash_nb.gif

AW: [DISCUSS] Splash Screen Requirements

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

for Details About the typography and other stuff, we should ask/involve david,
One Thing from me, there is no Need to break everything into a single line. NetBeans and IDE or NetBeans and Platform belongs together, so should be on same line. Apache as a word is only the organizational part.

Apache
NetBeans IDE <Version created by Java>
<Progressbar>
<Infos About the Status of loading coming from Java>

And

Apache
NetBeans Platform
<Progressbar>
<Infos About the Status of loading coming from Java>

So as it is now in the current Splash screen.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.