Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lakshmi Kurella <lk...@fedex.com> on 2008/08/08 17:38:52 UTC

maven repository

I executed the following command

mvn install:install -file -DgroupId=com.fedex.crm.onesource -DartifactId=myfile -Dversion=2.2.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file/myfile.jar

Could someone tell me once I run the above command, where does maven keeps maintains the repositories. In my case I saw where it is but I am receiving a problem while compiling.

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Re: maven repository

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.
Typically, in ~/.m2/repository/com/fedex/crm/oneresource/myfile/2.2.1/
myfile-2.2.1.jar, where ~ is your home directory. On Windows, this is
typically the c:\Documents and Settings\YOUR-USERNAME directory.

-K

Re: maven repository

Posted by RAM <li...@gmail.com>.
Again in your dependency, groupId is showing as  "com.fedex.crm.onesource",
however pom dependency is "com.fedex.crm", I believe because of which the
missing artifact is showing as

Missing:
----------
*com.fedex.crm:*myfile:jar:2.2.1

  Two things I can ask you to try is:

1) use the below command to install the jar

  mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=*com.fedex.crm*
-DartifactId=*myfile* -Dversion=*2.1.4* -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Note the groupId, it is not having *onesource.*
**
*If solution1 is not working, then*
**
*add the dependency as shown below:*
   <dependency>
     <groupId>com.fedex.crm.onesource</groupId>
     <artifactId>myfile</artifactId>
     <version>2.2.1</version>
     <type>jar</type>
     <scope>system</scope>
     <systemPath>/path/to/your/jar file</systemPath>
   </dependency>

-- Ram
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Lakshmi Kurella <lk...@fedex.com> wrote:

> Ram, thanks for the response. My acutal problem is I executed this
> install command and I also added dependency in pom.xml and I am now
> trying to compile this project. I ssays it can not find the classes
> which are in that myfile.jar.
>
> Pom.xml entry
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>com.fedex.crm.onesource</groupId>
>      <artifactId>myfile</artifactId>
>      <version>2.2.1</version>
>      <type>jar</type>
>    </dependency>
>

> Following is the actual error
>

> C:\CaseConsole>mvn install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building CaseConsole
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] [resources:resources]
> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/fedex/crm/onesource/myfile/2.2.1/myfil
> e-2.2.1.pom
>

> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) com.fedex.crm:myfile:jar:2.2.1
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.fedex.crm
> -DartifactId=myfile -Dversion=2.1.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> there:
>
>      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.fedex.crm -DartifactId=myfile
> -Dversion=2.1.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
> -Drepository
> Id=[id]
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) com.fedex.crm.onesource:CaseConsole:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) com.fedex.crm:myfile:jar:2.1.4
>
> As you mentioned after I installed myfile.jar, I checked and it exists
> in C:\MyDocu~1\{user}\.m2\repository repository.
> Not sure why it is trying to download from
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/fedex/crm/onesource/myfile/2.2.1/myfil
> e-2.2.1.pom
>
> Am I having any configuration issues.
>
> Thanks,
> Lakshmi

Thanks
Ram

RE: maven repository

wrote:

> I executed the following command
>
> mvn install:install -file -DgroupId=com.fedex.crm.onesource
> -DartifactId=myfile -Dversion=2.2.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file/myfile.jar
>

> Could someone tell me once I run the above command, where does maven
> keeps maintains the repositories. In my case I saw where it is but I
> am receiving a problem while compiling.
>
> Thanks,
> Lakshmi

Thanks
Ram

Re: maven repository

Posted by RAM <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

  This install command is just to make Maven understand where to find the
Jar.. by default it looks under C:\MyDocu~1\{user}\.m2\repository.

You can always change this repo, by modifying the conf/settings.xml file
available under Maven home.

One more important point to note here is, the groupId, artifactId & the
version given while installing the JAR must match with the dependency
section in your pom.xml.

So for the below mentioned install command, your dependency must look like
<dependency>
  <groupId>com.fedex.crm.onesource</groupId>
   <artifactId>myfile</artifactId>
   <version>2.2.1</version>
</dependency>
One last point is always check carefully for spaces while executing the mvn
install:install-file command.

-- Ram
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Lakshmi Kurella <lk...@fedex.com> wrote:

> I executed the following command
>
> mvn install:install -file -DgroupId=com.fedex.crm.onesource
> -DartifactId=myfile -Dversion=2.2.1 -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file/myfile.jar
>

> Could someone tell me once I run the above command, where does maven keeps
> maintains the repositories. In my case I saw where it is but I am receiving
> a problem while compiling.
>
> Thanks,
> Lakshmi

Thanks