Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/19 10:43:58 UTC

Re[2]: programatically creating RepositoryConfig

Hello Alexandru,

> #: Costin Leau changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 1/19/2006 11:18 AM) :#
>> Hello,
>>
>>  I'm trying to create a RepositoryConfig object programatically
>>  (through Spring) in order to inject dynamic properties at runtime. It
>>  seems there is no 'clean' way to do this as the RepositoryConfig
>>  constructor has package visibility and only the Configuration parser
>>  can create one based on an xml file.
>>
>>  Ideally I would like the constructor to be public and some setters
>>  for the rest of the config element.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Hi Costin!

> I've been trying some time ago to do the same (but in another
> context). I have finally realized the
> this part is very Jackrabbit, so every solution may choose to offer a completely different solution.

> does this make sense?

Ofc, the configuration is implementation dependent. And in this case
(Jackrabbit) I want to create the configuration from something else
then an XML. Suppose that I want to create some tests - right now I'm
stuck with the xml configuration; it would be totally different if I
could start the repository and configure it all in my code.

A public constructor or setter/getter would solve the problem.
Ofc, I can extend the class and do that myself but I think such a
change should be part of the Jackrabbit tree.

--
Best regards,
 Costin                            mailto:costin.leau@gmail.com