Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Durfey, Ryan" <Ry...@comcast.com> on 2017/08/17 15:11:03 UTC

Configuration Management Webex for Traffic Ops

I am planning to host a 90 minute webex for the open source community to organize and debate the key issues.

Webex https://icollaborate.webex.com/meet/ryan_durfey

Conf Call for those who can't join webex audio: 224-225-1234 x6226

Please feel free to add/edit sections in the wiki if this is your area of interest.  I tried to summarize the email threads, but definitely don't fully understand all the details yet.

Agenda:

Additional Discussion Section from Wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TC/Configuration+Management

  1.  Configuration of Multiple Caching Engines - how do we setup for this long term?

  2.  Configuration Format & Storage - database tables vs. config files/json

  3.  Rules Engine - creating greater options for customized service

  4.  Delivery Service Configuration Versioning - allowing rapid deployment, testing,  and roll back of configs

  5.  Time Stamping Config Versions - How to track versioning

Ryan Durfey

Sr. Product Manager - CDN | Comcast Technology Solutions

1899 Wynkoop Ste. 550 | Denver, CO 80202

M | 303-524-5099

ryan_durfey@comcast.com<ma...@comcast.com>

CDN Support (24x7): 866-405-2993 or cdn_support@comcast.com<ma...@comcast.com>