Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/02 12:51:48 UTC

Shall we remove the final from method "public final Mediator createMediator(OMElement elem, Properties properties)"

We have made the method in AbstractMediatorFactory.

public final Mediator createMediator(OMElement elem, Properties properties);

final in the trunk. This breaks the existing mediators. Shall we remove the
final from the method?

Thanks,
Supun..

Re: Shall we remove the final from method "public final Mediator createMediator(OMElement elem, Properties properties)"

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
This final construct is there to force the users to use
the createSpecificMediator method and handle all the common stuff at the
above method, for the time being it just has the description, but in the
long run it would be useful.

Anyway if you think we should change it to none final, I do not objet. :-)
just that the API wont be clean for a user.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
<hi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > We have made the method in AbstractMediatorFactory.
> > public final Mediator createMediator(OMElement elem, Properties
> properties);
> > final in the trunk. This breaks the existing mediators. Shall we remove
> the
> > final from the method?
>
> If it indeed breaks something +1 for removing it.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> > Thanks,
> > Supun..
> >

> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Senior Software Engineer;
> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
> E-mail: hiranya@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491

Ruwan Linton
Software Architect & Product Manager, WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.org

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

phone: +1 408 754 7388 ext 51789
email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
blog: http://blog.ruwan.org
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ruwanlinton
google: http://www.google.com/profiles/ruwan.linton
tweet: http://twitter.com/ruwanlinton

Re: Shall we remove the final from method "public final Mediator createMediator(OMElement elem, Properties properties)"

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.