Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Johannes Riedl <jo...@uni-tuebingen.de> on 2021/03/29 07:35:24 UTC

Solr 7.3.1 and Red Hat Hypervisor 4.4 Performance Problems

Hi all,

we were running VuFind-System with Solr 7.3.1 on OpenJDK 1.8.0_275 in a
VM hosted on a HP BL460 G9 with Haswell CPUs for quite a while. When the
data center upgraded the  Red Hat Hypervisor to Version 4.4 (RHEL 8
based) we observed a massive performance degradation on import with
SolrMarc (about factor 4) that so far we could only solve by migrating
to a different blade with Skylake-CPUs running a RHEL 7 based Hypervisor
again. Is anyone else running Solr on a Redhat Hypervisor based VM and
observed a similar behaviour?

Thanks a lot, best regards

Johannes

--
Johannes Riedl
Universitätsbibliothek Tübingen - IT-Abteilung -

Tel: +49 7071 29-72820
FAX: +49 7071 29-5069
Email: johannes.riedl@uni-tuebingen.de